- 01-Oct-2013 to 14-Nov-2013 (PST)
- Solon, OH, USA
- Full Time
The Robbins Company offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurances, 401k, PTO, disability benefits, a wellness program and educational assistance
Job Summary: To negotiate and make purchases to support all production and operational requirements, in compliance with Company policies and project deadlines.
1. Negotiates with vendors and makes purchases in support of Robbins USA and foreign subsidiaries:
a. Sub-contract machining machined parts
b. Commodities to include hydraulic, electrical and mechanical components.
c. Raw materials such as steel, plastic, and rubber, as well as forgings, weldments and castings.
2. Purchase raw materials, i.e., steel, plastic, rubber, products as well as forgings, weldments, castings as required.
3. Manages vendor selection, auditing performance, quality, cost and compliance with Company policies and procedures.
4. Works with domestic and international personnel to ensure purchase orders and requisitions are done according to established policies and procedures.
5. Occasional international travel may be required.
Qualifications: (education, experience, certifications)
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• 5+ yrs of manufacturing-related purchasing experience, preferably in a job shop environment
• Experience in negotiating with vendors, establishing contracts/agreements, with proven cost reduction results
• General knowledge of machining, fabrication, hydraulics and some electrical systems
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and schematics
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• MAS 200/500 and MRP systems experience preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Experience with international business practices a plus
• Experience with negotiating and selecting trucking/international freight forwarders
• Ability to speak Mandarin Chinese a plus
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!