The Senior Project Accountant is responsible for reviewing customer contracts, summarizing financial terms and conditions, tracking the fulfillment of the contract, reviewing and entering project budgets, updating forecasts, and analyzing actual costs compared to the budget.
1. Prepare an executive summary of terms and conditions for all customer contracts.
2. Analyze contracts and addendums for inconsistencies and potential issues.
3. Produce and analyze reports for management on project issues, project status, and percentage of completion.
4. Ensure that projects are billed in accordance with contracts, and revenue recognized in accordance with company policies.
5. Reconcile project costs, billings, warranty, and advances to general ledger on a monthly basis.
6. Act as project liaison between project managers, accounting, and subsidiaries.
7. Review project reports to ensure expenses are accurately coded to correct project, phase/task and cost classification.
8. Respond to queries by project personnel on all financial aspects of their projects.
9. Ensure that documentation required by contracts is obtained.
10. Perform other accounting related duties as needed.
• Bachelors degree in accounting and 4-6 years of relevant experience
• Ability to use computerized accounting software to trace transactions
• Advanced Excel skills
• Advanced detail-oriented skill level
• Excellent analytical & organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently with discipline and focus in an unstructured environment
The Robbins Company offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including medical/dental/life insurances, 401k, vacation, Wellness Program, educational assistance, and more.
To learn more about our unique company, please visit our website www.therobbinscompany.com or see us on YouTube for stories about our latest projects: http://youtube.com/user/TheRobbinsCo/